2020 FIND A PHOTOGRAPHER AWARDS TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Find A Photographer awards are a photography industry awards program that recognises photographers for the photography businesses they run and the ways they use their photography expertise in unique and meaningful ways. It is not a photograph competition. Running a successful photography business is centred around a range of criteria, which form the basis for the categories of these awards.
As with any competition, complying with the terms and conditions of these awards forms part of the entry criteria. Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria. Failure to comply may result in your disqualification.
How to Enter
Entry is free for all Find A Photographer listed businesses only. Businesses may list their business at any time before or during the competition period to be eligible to enter.
Entry for our 5 main specialist categories (client experience, marketing, creativity, philanthropy and studio design) is online only via the submission link and requires a written submission (maximum 1000 words) with appropriate evidence that supports your entry.
All listed Find A Photographer businesses are also automatically entered into the Photography Business of the Year Award.
In order to enter the Find A Photographer Awards, your business must
*Have the primary business focus of providing photography services to clients
*Be located in Australia and have an ABN
*Be Australian owned
*Been in operation for 6 months or more as of September 1st, 2020 and continue to be in operation at the time of the awards on November 21st 2020.
Style Pose Click and Find a Photographer staff members and their families are not eligible to enter.
Judges are not be eligible to judge any categories they are nominating in, and as such they will not be judging the awards categories they choose to enter.
Entries open on September 1st, 2020 and must be submitted by 5pm AEST on October 31st 2020. Your entry form and attached evidence for your entry must be true and correct.
The Find A Photographer Awards celebrates the diverse strengths of the photography business community. We take the integrity of the Find A Photographer awards seriously.
The awards recognise photography business achievements across six categories:
Prizes and Judging
The Find A Photographer Awards are based on skill and there is no element of chance involved in determining the winners.
Photography businesses are eligible to enter as many categories as they wish. Three finalists from each category will be selected and notified by phone or email and published on the Find A Photographer Australia website. The overall winners announced online on Saturday November 21st 2020.
The Photography Business of the Year Award is calculated according to 4 main criteria:
- Listing reviews obtained during 2020 up until and including 5pm October 31st 2020
- Average star rating of their 2020 reviews up until and including 5pm October 31st 2020
- Listing activity and interaction according to website analytics up until and including 5pm October 31st2020
- The quality of the listing – description, gallery images, website links etc according to an 8 point audit completed by our judging panel.
Listing audit includes the following:
- Business name entered correctly
- Location (city or exact studio location accepted)
- A detailed written description outlining your services and information about yourself and/or your business.
- All contact information up to date – phone number, email, website
- Business social profile links are working correctly
- A comprehensive and updated gallery of images
- Logo and cover images uploaded
- Replies to the reviews left by your clients
The submissions will be judged and decided by our panel of industry judges. The judge’s decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
The winner of each specialist category, National photography business of the year and Vendor of the year winners will receive a full marketing and public relations package valued at over $1000.
- Category Trophy for display in your studio space.
- One month paid online marketing campaign promoting your win to your target audience
- Two week Google AdWords campaign
- Two week Facebook/Instagram campaign
- Public Relations campaign with press releases and images issued to local media outlets in your area and throughout the photography industry.
- A comprehensive marketing program with www.findaphotographer.com.au including a variety of spotlight articles and social media features.
- Online store marketing products valued at $500 from A Little Life Creative
State award winners who do not take out the National prize will receive a trophy and spotlight articles.
State awards will only take place in each state that has a minimum of 5 eligible entrants or more.
Entrants may be eligible to win prizes across multiple categories if they choose to enter them. We reserve the right to withdraw a prize if there are no eligible entrants to receive that prize.
By entering and accepting a prize, you agree to participate in marketing activities in relation to the prize, including being interviewed and photographed. We reserve the right to use your comments, image and name for marketing and publicity purposes in any media without compensation.
A prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. All other expenses associated with the prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
We reserve the right at any time to request entrants to provide proof of valid entry and to disqualify any entrant who we have reason to believe has breached these terms and conditions or engaged in any improper conduct or conduct that may jeopardise the competition.
We will not be held liable for any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period.
We are not liable for any prize that may be lost, stolen or damaged in any way after it leaves our possession.
We are not responsible for any variation in the value of a prize.
If for any reason we are not able to conduct the awards as planned, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that may be available.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss, including indirect and consequential loss, damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the awards. You will indemnify us and our officers, employees or agents against any loss or liability from any claim or action that arises as a result of a breach of these terms by you, or your use of the materials or information supplied by you under these terms.
We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning.